Zucchini Pizza Bites
Bite sized pizzas with zucchini slice ‘crusts’.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 ounce pepperoni (mini or quartered full sized)
- oregano or italian seasoning to taste
- Brush or spray the zucchini slices with oil on both sides, season with salt and pepper, grill, broil or saute until just tender, about 1-2 minutes per side, place them on a greased baking sheet, top them with sauce, cheese and pepperoni and broil until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes, before optionally sprinkling with oregano or Italian seasoning to taste.