This delicious chowder is a great way to use up those vegetables from your garden. Easy to prepare and perfect with a loaf of crusty bread for a light summertime meal.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup cauliflower, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1/2 cube butter, melted
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk,
1 teaspoon pepper, ground
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Put carrots in saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower, and onion and enough water to cover.
- Boil 5 more minutes then add zucchini continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, melt butter in soup pot over medium heat.
- Add flour and mix well, brown slightly.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth
- Turn heat up to medium
- Drain vegetables and add to milk, mix well
- Add seasonings and cook for an additional 15 minutes.