What is it you want to do with your life? How do you think you’re going to make it happen? If you’re not sure, then is in order.
Even if you have an idea where you want to go, you may want to consider doing self-reflection exercises to ensure that you remain on the path toward success. When you are on the right path, you can also find peace in your life.
Here are 5 self-reflection exercises that you can use to put things into perspective. These exercises can help you to clear your mind, relax, and find that peace you crave:
1. Compose affirmations. Write a list of 50 affirmations. These affirmations should embrace what you want to achieve and what you want to become in your life.
* Write them in present tense and be sure to use the word “I” throughout the list. For example, “I am always good at my job.”
* It is important to focus on the things that are occurring now that will lead to your future success.
You may hear words in your head such as, “But you messed this up the other day” or “You weren’t as productive a few days ago.” If you are hearing things like this, then banish those negative thoughts. It can take some time to get used to positive thinking, but it’ll be time well-spent.
* Repeating your affirmations aloud will enable you to reprogram your mind with positive thoughts.
2. Tap into your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind is where your self-image is stored. All of your attitudes, experiences, beliefs, and values are here. Your subconscious mind is the core of who you are and it’s a very powerful force.
If you go inward and reflect upon what’s inside this storehouse within the mind, you can gain a better sense of self-awareness. Some may call this meditation. Regardless of what you call it, this process helps you to attain a higher level of consciousness.
* Better self-awareness can provide you with many answers about yourself and your true beliefs.
3. Visualize creatively. This is a fun way to self-reflect! Make yourself a box to show your hopes and dreams. Or you can create a vision board. Place pictures and words that represent you and your thoughts into your box or on your board. The more details you include, the better it works!
* Imagination is the key and the sky is the limit!
4. Ask yourself questions. Ask yourself questions about yourself. Write down your questions and your answers. Ask yourself questions about the present and the future and provide yourself with positive answers. You can be creative with your questions because only you know what’s inside of you.
* Be sure to structure your questions to include details about your hopes and dreams.
5. Write and reflect. Purchase a journal and write in that journal every single day. Each day, first write down something positive that occurred that day. Next, write down a question for yourself. Don’t answer that question then and there. Reflect on that question and write your answer the next day as a part of your journal entry.
As you can see, self-reflection truly is an art. It involves tapping your inner being and using that to figure out what it is you really want. In time, your reflections will enable you to achieve the peace and serenity you deserve.
I’ve done it, and I shared my story after realizing Change is Healthy! (read it here)