- 1 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil, such as Canola or Vegetable
- 1/2 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced
- Minced fresh chilies or jalapeno – more or less depending on how hot you like it
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated into “cups”
- 1 handful of cilantro & mint, cut into finally chopped
Heat a wok (or large saute pan) over high heat. When hot, swirl 1 tablespoon of oil and add the ground chicken. Use your spatula to break up the meat and spread out of the surface of the pan. Cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
Push the ground chicken to one side of the pan and swirl the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil. To the oil, add the shallots, red onion, garlic, and fresh chilies and saute until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds. Add fish sauce, lime juice and gluten-free soy sauce.
Serve with lettuce cups and herbs.
Found on: http://withstyleandgraceblog.com/2013/06/07/steamy-kitchens-healthy-chicken-lettuce-cups/