This cereal, fruit and nut mixture is a delicious medley of crunchy and sweet.
- 6 cups Apple Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal and walnuts; set aside.
- 2In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and oil uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture is hot; stir. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- 3Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in cranberries. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Substitution: Raisins can be used in this mix instead of the dried cranberries.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Serving Size: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g); Protein 1g%
Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
Makes: 16 servings