- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Romaine lettuce, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Add garlic, bell pepper and onion to the saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce and ginger until well combined. Add rice and green onions and gently toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the turkey mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.